GENERAL RULES FOR THE BEER TOWN FILM FESTIVAL COMPETITION
Rules for Competition Entries
- All submissions/entries must comply with the following “Content Rules”:
- not name or refer to any individual without explicit permission (or include any third party personal information);
- not contain the image or likeness of any individual: (1) under the age of 18; or (2) other than the entrant without that individuals’ express consent;
- Where an entrant is under the age of 18 on the date of entry, their submissions must not contain any promotional content for products which are aimed at or developed for those over the age of 18.
- be your own work and not contain any material that infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement;
- not disparage or be harmful to the Promoter or any of its brands, employees/directors, customers or pubs;
- not in any way mention, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or trade mark of any entity, individual, product or brand other than those of the Promoter and its brands; unless explicit permission has been acquired;
- not contain material that is inappropriate, contains nudity, is indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, illegal, unlawful, hateful, disparaging, defamatory, slanderous or libellous;
- not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, political belief, sexual orientation or age;
- not promote excessive or irresponsible drinking or illegal drugs or tobacco (or the use of any of the foregoing); and
- not contain any computer virus, bugs, Trojans or other malicious, invasive or harmful code.
- If the Promoter has reason to believe that any entry does not comply with these terms, the entry criteria or these Content Rules, we may not consider it and may disqualify it without notice at any time.
- All entrants shall own the copyright to all Competition entries as the author. If another person has filmed your entry, (or appears in it) by entering into this competition, each entrants warrants and agrees they have received an assignment of all associated copyright to that entry from that person. The Promoters may ask to see evidence of that assignment at any time.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, you hereby give the Promoters:
- Permission for your entry to be used for all purposes in connection with the Competition, including publishing it on the Website and the Additional Websites and grant the Promoters a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully assignable licence to use and publish your Competition entry in electronic format (including on the Promoters’ websites) and hard copy (including in the Promoters’ publications), both as a full video and as screen shots, for purposes connected with the Competition, and the Beertown Festival, and to adapt the entry to enable such publication (including to shorten or edit it for such purposes), and you hereby irrevocably waive, for the benefit of the Promoters, all moral rights in the entry to which you are entitled; and
- The right to use your name, photograph and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry and/or as a finalist or winner of the Competition.
- Please ensure that any copyright organisation affiliated with your film is aware of this. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from the contest.